Fly Your Freak Flag!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by bigchicken2, Jun 30, 2010.

1. bigchicken2

bigchicken2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2010
    Anyone here LOVE roosters? If you do then FLY YOUR FREAK FLAG! I love my roos more than my hens! Anyone? You can tell about your roos here too!

My Roos: Barred Rock Obama (BR), Smoky (Silkie), Puffy (Black Aussie), No-Name (Black Aussie) When they have chicks there will be more roos! I love them all!

2. AhBee01

AhBee01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    yo. ohio
    You can have my two! I have a black cochin(Solo) and a mutt mix( Big Red). So far the mutt hasn't attacked anyone, but Solo, he is the devil! We don't let him out anymore with his flock cause he has started running at the kids that come to play! The mutt, we just don't trust, he is too quiet! Both are very pretty in my opinion, but we are rethinking the whole rooster gig! We do not need a law suit if some one get's hurt. Big red is a year old and he is brutal on the hens, he has them bare, and we have plenty for them both!
    I think if the were gentle and sweet, I would love them more, but they just can't be trusted any more! I also raised Solo as his Mom abandoned her nest as soon as he pipped, so I had to step in and raise him! He was the only egg that made it in her clutch!

3. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    i do so love roo's. They taste just like.... chicken?

4. chickenGRAFFITI

chickenGRAFFITI Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2009
    I love roos because of their chivalry and sense of responsibility. They are truly amazing. I have had 2 roos, one silkie and the other a showgirl, and they have been the sweetest, most loving things ever.

5. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    I adore my splash orp roo...he means the world to me. Great protector and provider for his girls, a sweetheart to me and he hates dogs...chases and attacks them to make sure they do not get near his girls or me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So mark my freak flag flying high...

6. bigchicken2

bigchicken2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2010
    Quote:He's a purty boy! So are the other roos in those pics!

7. The Chickens' Maid

The Chickens' Maid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    CT
    I love my roos!

Spok
    [​IMG]

Bubba
    [​IMG]

Wooster
    [​IMG]

Mortimer
    [​IMG]

8. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

I [​IMG] my roos

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    OOPS, a cock, not a roo

9. thechickenguy

thechickenguy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    woodsfield ohio 43793
    oh boy do i love my phoenix roo!!!hes the greatest roo ive had of my own so far.but he needs a name.i want something fierce like tank, something of that nature.so if anybody wants to help give him a name.please suggest.ill check back often on this thread.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    I love my roos too. Oh the Roo Drama that goes on in the roo pen everyday...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by