Pics

AshleyNicole06

Crowing
6 Years
Nov 19, 2017
Iowa
Okay.. so my ducks fly little distances for fun.. and they also fly far distances lol almost over trees and power lines... and over to the field across the gravel road..(but only on windy days) I’m not exactly sure if the wind takes them and they fly that high and far or what?!

Do you think they’d come back if they actually got to far away? (They come running home every time)

I’m just scared they’ll get too high and fly very far and not come back. I also don’t know anyone that could clip their wings. I don’t want to hurt them.

Okay.. so my ducks fly little distances for fun.. and they also fly far distances lol almost over trees and power lines... and over to the field across the gravel road..(but only on windy days) I’m not exactly sure if the wind takes them and they fly that high and far or what?!

Do you think they’d come back if they actually got to far away? (They come running home every time)

I’m just scared they’ll get too high and fly very far and not come back. I also don’t know anyone that could clip their wings. I don’t want to hurt them.
It's very easy to clip wing.. I do it all the time by myself on my guineas and ducks.
wingclipping.gif
You don't have to be a professional to do it.. Just don't cut too close to the to the base of the feather and cause it to bleed.

I’m too scared to do it myself! Lol:hmm
It's really simple.. Maybe you could have someone hold the duck for you while cutting it? If you're too afraid of cutting too close then just start with an inch. And keep cutting until you feel as if it's enough to keep them from flying too high.

Last edited:
It's really simple.. Maybe you could have someone hold the duck for you while cutting it? If you're too afraid of cutting too close then just start with an inch. And keep cutting until you feel as if it's enough to keep them from flying too high.
Wish they would just stay on the ground lol..supposedly they’re “too big” to fly! :barnie

Back
Top Bottom