Flying with eggs?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by hcammack, Nov 11, 2009.

1. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I am going to ohio nationals this weekend and I am flying to columbus. I am wondering if anyone knows if flying with eggs would work? I probably will not buy eggs there but just incase I do I was wondering if it would be ok? I would carry the eggs on.

Thanks,
    Henry

2. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    I don't know Henry. I know they will send them through the x-ray machine and then the whole pressure thing, which if you are going to have them in the cabin with you might work for the best due to the pressurized cabins. I don't think it would be any different than having eggs shipped though. If anything, it might work better since they will be in the pressurized cabin with you.

3. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:Hmm maybe I will have to buy some eggs just to try [​IMG]

4. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    I wonder if they will even let you through security with them. they will probably want to open them and make sure there aren't plastic explosives inside. They won't even let you take hand lotion in an opaque container. I would call the airline and ask.

Mary

5. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:Sounds good I will call southwest tommorow.

Henry

6. PhilErvin

PhilErvin Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2009
    Yucaipa, CA
    I am curious to hear if you do try to fly with some eggs. That's got to be a new one for airport security. I'd certainly phone the airline before you buy any and be specific about wanting them in the cabin with you. [​IMG]

7. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    No, I already checked into it. I am flying out tomorrow.

You can only have 1 quart sized baggie with your liquids/gels in it. Eggs would be considered a liquid. You would not be able to fit very many eggs in a quart sized baggie and you would not be able to bring your toothpaste, shampoo, etc.

8. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    pips&peeps :

No, I already checked into it. I am flying out tomorrow.

You can only have 1 quart sized baggie with your liquids/gels in it. Eggs would be considered a liquid. You would not be able to fit very many eggs in a quart sized baggie and you would not be able to bring your toothpaste, shampoo, etc.

Oh thats to bad well at least you saved me from myself [​IMG] I can't wait I will see you there I will be wearing a kelly green t-shirt with a Henry's Eggs logo all accross the back my dad and friend will also be wearing them.​

9. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    Why dont you ship them to your house from Columbus. Maybe someone can mail them for you on Monday. Or buy early and make to Post office by noon. Just a suggestion.

10. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:This is a great idea, especially if you find some eggs that you just can't live without. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by