1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

flying??????????

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ducks rule, Oct 3, 2012.

1. ducks rule

ducks rule Out Of The Brooder

Aug 15, 2012
    hey today i found my duck outside her cage and it was her first time in the yard she is a rouen

2. Ilovemyduckies

Ilovemyduckies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2012
    She could have found a way out. I have had a duck get out, when I thought their was absolutely no way of getting. Unless, you have mallard instead of a rouen, she couldn't have flown out.

3. ducks rule

ducks rule Out Of The Brooder

Aug 15, 2012
    she did it again
    [​IMG]

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Look up clipping a ducks wing and put a stop to it before she is killed or injured. Google will take you to lots of sites.

5. Suzie

Suzie Overrun With Chickens

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    X 2 -

Miss Lydia has excellent advice here ( as always....) clip the wings or you will risk losing your ducks!

I always clip at least one wing on mine to stop them from flying off to distant places and to stop them from flying into the goose compound overnight ( all secured overnight indoors but )some of my ducks fly high enough to venture into areas not good for their wellbeing! Geese can be unforgiving when an unwelcome visitor arrives!

Suzie

6. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by