foaling and kidding season is coming up!!!

shadowpaints

Songster
10 Years
Jun 20, 2009
Rigby, Idaho
thats right folks!! soon, our cams will be up and we will begin waiting for the arrival of our babies!!! In just 14 days, we will have our cam up and running, for you all to join us in welcoming the foals and kids!!!
this year, we have

Lacey- Black and white mini mare 32 inches tall. bred to our stallion Cash, a palomino pinto mini 31 inches tall (she had bonkers last year) due 2/20 based on 320 days gestation

the goats are also due in February!!

Sweetie harley and Tinker are bred to our blue eyed Nigerian buck, Jello and their first due date is 2/15 based on a 150 day gestation

3 new does this year!

Cookie, Heather and pie, all Nigerian does, all bred to a blue eyed buck that belongs to my friend their first due date is 2/20 based on 150 day gestation

then we get a break until april when our cute little grey mare, Twitch , 35 inch tall mini mare, also bred to our stallion cash she is due 4/15 based on 320 day gestation

in may we have a possible 3 other mares due...

Tanner is a black mini mare 36 inches tall bred to our stallion cash, due5/23

Daizy is my mom's Cremello mare not sure if she is bred but she was exposed to a black and white overo shetland stallion daizy is also a shetland and she is about 38 inches tall and due sometime in may

Gemi- a bay and white pinto shetland mare a new purchase, and im pretty sure she is bred lol she is awful big not to be!!! she was also exposed to a black and white overo shetland stallion.. and due in mayish..

daizy and gemi were pasture bred to im not 100% sure on their due dates!

anyone else excited to watch with me??

Can't wait for you to get your cams up shadowpaints, I watched them last year, and will do so again.

I also have a question for you. Do you know much about mini horse bloodlines? I've got 2 registered mares and have no clue as to who is who as I have only dealt with Paint and Quarter horses before.

i know the major ones, and can do a bit of researching for you if you like! let me know what their reg names are and what horses are on their papers, ill see what i can do!

I'll be wating and watching again!! I was able to see Sweetie kid last year, but missed all the other ones! This year I hope to make it...

Good luck!!!
greenstars.gif

eenie, ill take as many pics as possible.... lol at least goats are pretty much predictable... horses on the other hand GAH! lol

laceys bag has changed considerably today wonder if she is gonna make it to her due date?

Im new to the site and will look for your cam! I am an animal nut and have had
horses and french alpine goats (as well as chickens...dogs...cats...)
Anxious to see your babies! Noticed you are in Idaho! Isn't February a very
cold time to be having all these babies?

Quote:
lol it is definatly cold... but we have a well insulated barn and heat lamps.

last year when lacey foaled i had to dry her colt off with a hair dryer lol

i usually try to have goat babies in feb and early march... and foals mid march to end of may

Back
Top Bottom