1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

FOAMY BUBBLES in ERNIE'S EYE

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by kudzu vine, Apr 3, 2011.

1. kudzu vine

kudzu vine Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2008
    Olive Branch MS
    My rooster, Ernie hasn't acted like he felt bad, but yesterday I caught him and his waddle was very warm and had matter in his left eye. Today that eye has foamy bubbles. What's up? Anyone know?

2. nuttyredhead

nuttyredhead Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Southern NH
    Has he been sneezing, coughing or if you hold his chest to your ear do you hear rattles?

3. kudzu vine

kudzu vine Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2008
    Olive Branch MS
    haven't listened to chest and haven't noticed him sneezing, but someone is because I hear like a sneeze or a cough. Think it's just a cold?

4. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    one of my hens had the same thing about 2 months ago, i gave her Tylan 50 for a couple of days and it went away.

5. nuttyredhead

nuttyredhead Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Southern NH
    Quote:How is he today?

If you are going to give him tylan i would give it for the full 7 days. Is he seperated from the rest ofthe flock? You will want to listen to him, if he is rattling in his chest it possibly be a respitory issue. You may want to search bubbly eye in chickens. I had it in one of my girls and i culled. Now i have a few sneezing.... I may try Denaguard, I already tried tylan and no results.

Good Luck!!!!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by