Foamy eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chicks rule, Jun 9, 2008.

1. chicks rule

chicks rule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    I have eggs hatching and a couple of them have foamy stuff coming from where they are zipping, this ever happen to anyone and what is causing it? Temp is good as well as humidity. The first two hatched great and the next two are the foamy ones. Any ideas????

2. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Could they have had a loose aircell??? Or one that had become lots of little bubbles??? I dunno.

3. chicks rule

chicks rule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    You got me on that one??? I dunno either. The first chick that I noticed this on is out, but, seems to have not absorbed all of it's yolk, Right now it seems to be doing ok. Maybe someone with more experience on the air cells will chime in. They were shipped eggs.

4. smith2

smith2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2008
    Paris, TN
    I had this happen on 2-3 of the last eggs I hatched, but the chicks seemed to be fine. I would leave them along and see what happens. I don't know what caused the bubbling around mine, the chicks were fine. LOL.[​IMG]

5. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Do you think it may have something to do with them exhaling into fluid causing bubbles?

(I did inhale..,.but I never exhaled!!) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

1 of my eggs had that in my last hatch. There was tons of foam from that one egg. But the chick is doing great.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by