Foamy Eye treatment?

ziggymoon

In the Brooder
May 30, 2022
I have a female duck with pretty bad foamy eye. Unfortunately all of my ducks have a suspected respiratory viral issue going on. They are all kind of sneezing/coughing. Still eating and drinking normally, acting normal otherwise. Just the one duck has foamy eye and she's shaking her head a lot to clear her eyes. I'm wondering what the treatment for this is? I've never had this issue before. I called my vet who is supposed to call me back, he said he had a lady who used a soluable powder off amazon for her duck that they had tried multiple things for and this powder cleared it up. He hasn't heard back from her yet though. My only other option is antibiotic shots from the vet. What is the best course of action?

If you have a respiratory issue going on then The vet would be the best course of action . Sounds like antibiotics will be needed. For foamy eye Terramycin eye ointment will help clear it up. Also make sure your ducks have deep enough containers to wash their eyes and nares out, not being able to clean their faces can cause foamy eye too. How long have they been sick? What type of bedding do you use and is it cleaned often mold can cause respiratory issues too.
Maybe the vet will just look at your sickest and then treat all.

Back
Top Bottom