Foamy poo in 11 day old chicks!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by lovemyflock, Jun 13, 2008.

1. lovemyflock

lovemyflock Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2008
    Maryland
    Ok, so I'm not sure if this is a true emergency, but i could def use some of your advice.

Several of my 8 chicks are having poo issues. Sometimes foamy yellow, or sometimes liquidy brown poop. It's hard to keep track of who's doing what, but everytime i let them out (inside a few times a day) 1-3 of them have a messy poop. They are on unmedicated food, and are not vaccinated. They havent had any treats yet, except a very small grasshopper that they split between 3 of them a few days ago.

I was thinking i would pick up some unfiltered apple cider vinegar for their water and some plain organic yogurt to give them. Do you think that's a good idea? Should I be worried??

I love them all so much, and don't want anything to happen to them.

2. angelmarie

angelmarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    bakersfield
    just to be safe you should try the medicated chick mash, its not that expensive [​IMG]

3. lovemyflock

lovemyflock Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2008
    Maryland
    I just wanted to add that they all are acting fine. They are all active, and eating and drinking well.

4. angelmarie

angelmarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    bakersfield
    well thats good! [​IMG] maybe it was just the transition from different food or environment

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by