Foamy poop and dead pullet

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chickens r life, Jul 23, 2016.

1. chickens r life

chickens r life Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2015
    The Golden State
    I have been gone for 4 weeks and a friend has been feeding and watering my chickens. While I was gone I was told one of my pullets had died. My friend that was watching my chickens buried her before I had a chance to see the corpse. I was wondering if the cause of death could be from worms? I noticed before I left that some of my chickens had foamy poop and now it is a lot worse. Does it look like worms or coccidiosis?

2. CluckerCottage

CluckerCottage Chillin' With My Peeps

yellow foamy poop could be due to coccidiosis or histomoniasis.
    what color is the worsening foamy poop? do you see any blood in it?
    How old are your pullets?

3. chickens r life

Apr 13, 2015
    The Golden State
    18 of them are a year old and I had 2 pullets but now I have 1. There is no blood in any of the poop.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  4. chickens r life

Apr 13, 2015
    The Golden State
    [​IMG]
    Here is a pick

5. chickens r life

Apr 13, 2015
    The Golden State
    Today I found long skinny iridescent worms in a dropping. Does anyone know what kind of worm this could be?

6. Wyorp Rock

Wyorp Rock Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Southern N.C. Mountains
    Can you take a fecal sample to your vet to have a fecal float test performed? They will be able to identify which worm it is.

Here's two de-wormers that work for most worms common in chickens - Valbazen 1/2 ml orally and then repeated in 10 days for each chicken or Fenbendazole (Safeguard, Panacur) at 1/4 ml per pound for 5 days in a row.

More worm info:
    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2015/11/control-treatment-of-worms-in-chickens.html
    http://parasitipedia.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2655&Itemid=2933

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by