Foamy poop in 1 month chick

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Lucyhughes82, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Lucyhughes82

Lucyhughes82 Chirping

Mar 6, 2018
    Ohio
    So my little is chicken has had diarrhea for two days and today it just got foamy. She is acting normal other than the poop just wondering if I should treat for coccidia?? Started them on medicated chick feed a week ago and vital pack in their water due to my other chick having shaky legs which stopped 2 days after the new food and water! So do I treat for coccidia or give her a few more days to adjust to the food?? My brooder is very clean and I’ve replaced the boxes many times trying to make it the right size. Also wondering if she’s just too hot? I lowered their temp to 75 they are currently recommending 80 but they have just been hot little chicks since I got them! They also have an ecosmart heater in there in case they are too cold

2. Lucyhughes82

Lucyhughes82 Chirping

Mar 6, 2018
    Ohio
    Also I’ve looked at the poop blog and hers says normal for every 8-9 poops but she hasn’t had a hard poop in 2 days! I’ve also been giving them meal worms and they are eating a ton of grit\sand with peat moss. These are my first 2 chicks sorry if I’m freaking out a little

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: