fogger for oxine??

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by cjexotic, Jul 1, 2010.

1. cjexotic

cjexotic Cj's Mandarin Ducks

Mar 11, 2008
    Central PA
    Could someone who uses a fogger for oxine tell me does it fog with that in there?
    I bought a Bonide fogger and I got a friday model. So it was sent back they
    also said it did not work so sent me a new one. Well just got it and tried it and no fog. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Can you create fog with just water in the well to test it or must you have the oxine in there to get it to fog?
    Need to know before I put the oxine in . Wanted to test it without wasting the oxine.

Thanks cj

2. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    The Oxine should be diluted in water...

I simply use a Vicks humdifier from the drug store and it works just fine, so I can't understand why the Bonide fogger won't work(?)

3. cjexotic

Mar 11, 2008
    Central PA
    I guess what I was asking has anyone tested their fogger with just water and does it work.
    I was testing my new fogger and it did not fog. I have not added the oxine to it yet.
    Was not sure a fogger will fog on just water or if it needs a chemical in it to make fog.

4. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Oh, I'm sorry - I misunderstood. with my Vicks fogger, it's visually difficult to see, because the water droplets are so very small; but, if I put my hand in front of it, I can definitely feel the mist.

5. cjexotic

Mar 11, 2008
    Central PA
    thank you very much. I am off to try it. thanks again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by