1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Foggy and his temper tantrum

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Cheri, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Cheri

Cheri Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    Ok I had this one last chicken who was in quarantine and I put her over the fence to be with the other ladies. Foggy ran up to her....stamping his feet and flapping his wings! I have never seen him do that before. Then the other day Rocky was standing still....I looked closer and there was a cardinal on the fence wanting their chicken scratch. I think Rocky was gonna eat that cardinal! And .......I think my chickens are whistle controlled. I will whistle for the dogs and they come out from under the shed. And........chickens growling? That is what I heard when I went to let them out this morning.

2. joebwe25

joebwe25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2007
    St. Louis, Mo.
    That's interesting, I never heard a chicken growl before.
    Thanks for sharing!

3. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    i think one of my chickens makes a duck sound! my husband heard it and says it kind of does sound like a duck at times [​IMG]

4. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    Quote:I've heard people say that their broody hens will growl when you try to get to close to them.

5. Cheri

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    Well I think she is old enough. Dan will make her a nesting box this weekend.

I got one (Rowdy) who honks when he crows. Sounds like a goose trying to crow. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2007
  6. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    Quote:I've got some honking barred rock pullets! It's so funny.

7. Cheri

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    right now I got peeping ducklings in my bathtub!!

8. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    Growling biddies - They sure do! I couldn't imagine it until I had Dorothy hatch out some babies this January. She's normally the sweetest thing, but when I was checking on her eggs during the final week (which I shouldn't have been! [​IMG]), boy did she make sounds I've never heard from her before. It was very funny.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2007
  9. Cheri

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    LOL! Chickens are funny.

10. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    yep [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by