foil cooking bags... has anyone seen them??

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Dar, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    Last time we were camping in the USA we bought aluminum foil cooking bags I believe they were made by reynolds

I looked for them again when we got home here to Canada and I cant find them

I just looked on the reynolds site and cant find them

does anyone know what I am talking about and where I can find them?

I know i can "make" them with plain foil but they are not as well made and tear most of the time when i put them on the BBQ. I have used the plastic ones that seem to have replaced the foil ones but i cant throw them on the BBQ

2. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:sometimes you can find them, but I use the heavy duty reynolds and never had a problem with tears.... and I pack em full too!

3. ChickBond 007

ChickBond 007 Licensed to Cull

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    Yes, Reynolds did make these "pockets" because I used them to make our "hobo dinners" while camping. They were great. However, I could not find them this camping season. I think they have been discontinued.

4. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    I always make veggie boats for the bbq out of foil. I just use the good stuff and double layer it! Easy clean up![​IMG]

5. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    I bought them ONCE because they were on sale and with a coupon they were free.

I won't ever BUY them. It's too wasy just to use two layers of regular foil and fold you're own. AND you can make then any size you want.

6. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Use the heavy duty freezer aluminum foil and make your own bags if you can't find the pre-made ones.

7. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    The aluminum foil "pockets" are a marketing thing to get you to spend more money than you need to.

This sort of reminds me a few months ago I was in the store and my wife came running with a cake mix box in hand> I instantly got defensive because I HATE those instant cakes in a box things. If you're going to make a cake---BAKE A CAKE...but that's another story.....
    Anyway, it wasn't a CAKE mix...it was a CUPCAKE mix!!! LOLOL

They actually marketed a CUPCAKE mix!!! My exact words were "Y.G.B.F.S.M." So I compaired it to a regular cake mix from the same brand.....yep, exactly the same-but the cupcake mix was about $1.00 more.....

8. Dar

Jul 31, 2008
    Quote:I do/did the same thing... I find when I just just plain foil it leaks because the edges are not sealed, I will prep the meal and throw everything in there and i am set for the day...but when I use the foil and make my own bags they leak or tear. I liked the XL bags because I can fit all the potatoes in for the family i dont have 4 little packs sittin in the grill or in the oven... i found it just makes it easier

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:I do/did the same thing... I find when I just just plain foil it leaks because the edges are not sealed, I will prep the meal and throw everything in there and i am set for the day...but when I use the foil and make my own bags they leak or tear. I liked the XL bags because I can fit all the potatoes in for the family i dont have 4 little packs sittin in the grill or in the oven... i found it just makes it easier

I know what you mean.. mine always leak too.. [​IMG]
    I'll look for the bags..if i find them i'll ship ya some! [​IMG]

10. Dar

Jul 31, 2008

I know what you mean.. mine always leak too.. [​IMG]
    I'll look for the bags..if i find them i'll ship ya some! [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]:love [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I can send you the funds by paypal

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by