Follow me to a trip to China

Lunch is eel. Yum. My dad will process it.
View attachment 3535948
the eels caught here actually spawn in the Sargasso Sea, the other side of the Atlantic. I can't imagine eels that are caught in China have spawned in the same place then rounded the Americas and crossed the Pacific. Do you know the life cycle of Chinese eels?

the eels caught here actually spawn in the Sargasso Sea, the other side of the Atlantic. I can't imagine eels that are caught in China have spawned in the same place then rounded the Americas and crossed the Pacific. Do you know the life cycle of Chinese eels?
Not sure if it's a freshwater eel or not. The rice paddies (the same ones that have been cultivated for 4000 years) have eels living in the water the rice grow in. Between farming practices like that and terraces marching up mountains, the amount of ground under cultivation is astounding.

But are they just freshwater eels? Eels here are like salmon but in reverse; they spawn in the sea, swim across the Atlantic and then swim inland/slither overland to appear here (and throughout Europe) as elvers, then when mature go back to the sea and swim back across the Atlantic to breed - amazing feat. Aristotle noted that no-one had ever seen eel eggs, and he was right :p Eel mating and breeding wasn't observed till late in the last century.

Also I remembered that recently (maybe early this year) there were LOTS of spam posts from China. The managers were not even able to keep up with deleting. So it makes sense that BYC blocked China.

But I'm the victim.

I guess I'm the first person ever that is using BYC seriously in China šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
I seem to remember someone from China making a post here.

I haven't been able to connect to VPN until now.

Yesterday I went to see my uncle, who is like my other father. We are very close as my parents lived with my uncle and aunt until i was 4th grade. We also really like each other.

At the bus stop. I like that it tells me how far away each bus is.
View attachment 3534525

On the bus. Apparently you are still required to wear a mask but most people don't do it.
View attachment 3534526
Clean modern town buses that I expect run on time.:cool:

But are they just freshwater eels? Eels here are like salmon but in reverse; they spawn in the sea, swim across the Atlantic and then swim inland/slither overland to appear here (and throughout Europe) as elvers, then when mature go back to the sea and swim back across the Atlantic to breed - amazing feat. Aristotle noted that no-one had ever seen eel eggs, and he was right :p Eel mating and breeding wasn't observed till late in the last century.
They may be these fresh water eels.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_swamp_eel

Back
Top Bottom