FOLLOW-UP to "Lavender Ameraucana" sexing!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SeaChicken, Apr 25, 2011.

1. SeaChicken

SeaChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2010
    Carlsbad, California
    Hello all - maybe some of you remember the question I posted a few weeks ago about gender of my Craigslist "Lavender Ameraucanas" Penelope and Emma. Just to let you know, they are, indeed, BOTH cockerels now called Peter and Eddie. Gave Peter to a friend and still don't know what Eddie's fate will be! They are handsome fellas, though. And Eddie misses his buddy but won't get along well enough with the girl flock for me to leave him there. Just wanted to thank you and confirm your very skilled diagnoses!!!
    [​IMG]

2. Diamond Wire Farms

Diamond Wire Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2011
    Placerville, CA
    I wish you were closer! I have a home for Eddie. He's gorgeous, and wouldn't bother anyone crowing out here.

3. SeaChicken

Dec 16, 2010
    Carlsbad, California
    I know - I LOVE the crowing - and he ALWAYS talks to me when he hears my voice! My husband is worried about the neighbors, but I'm stalling!

4. Diamond Wire Farms

Jan 19, 2011
    Placerville, CA
    Time for some egg-gifting to the neighbors! Keep their bellies full each morning and let them know that a rooster = happy hens. Happy hens= more eggs. Good Luck!

5. SeaChicken

Dec 16, 2010
    Carlsbad, California
    I don't have any eggs yet!!!

6. Diamond Wire Farms

Jan 19, 2011
    Placerville, CA
    Again, too bad we're so far apart. I could help you out with that too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by