Following members question

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Yorkshire Coop, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    On my list of members I follow it shows myself on the list. How can I be following myself? I just don't get it :confused:

Then when I click on the full list it says mutual follow next to my avatar?
    Any clarification on this woukd be very much appreciated.

Thank you :bow

2. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hi Yorkshire Coop! I can't answer your question but maybe you can answer mine...how do you "follow" someone? And if you follow someone, does that mean you see when they post something?

Been here about a year now, but still learning new things. Thanks!

3. matt44644

matt44644 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2014
    Sanilac County,Michigan
    Scroll over their name,then you can see follow member. I think you get updates and their activity.

1 person likes this.
  4. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Thanks! One more question...will following someone make me a stalker? bwahahaha

1 person likes this.
  5. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Yorkshire Coop

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop

Hi there!! Yes as matt44644 said click on anyone's profile name and it will say follow member on the drop down box. Then when you go onto your own profile page it should show you a list of who you follow. I find it easy this way to put public messages and do pm to people rather than hunting for a post from them.

As to the seeing what they post and there activity I've found it a bit hit and miss. I usually only see what people are posting if it comes up on the recent BYC activity page on the home page.

Oh god I hope I'm not a stalker :oops:

LOL I'm only joking all are friends here and not stalkers :hugs

7. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Thanks for bringing this topic up Yorkshire coop. Did you ever get your original question answered?

And no, no stalkers here, it will just make it easier to find some of the people I usually 'meet' up with.

Thanks matt44644 and Yorkshire coop!

8. Yorkshire Coop

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    No I still don't have an answer to the original question. I'm sure it will be something very simple and easy to understand when it's pointed out to me,probably just can't see the wood for the trees :confused:

9. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Hmm... that is odd, and it shouldn't be possible to "follow" oneself.

Is it causing any adverse effects for you, or is it just weird?

Any idea how it happened? Do you have an option to unfollow yourself?

10. Yorkshire Coop

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    It's not causing any problems it is just weird!! I've just been and looked on my profile at the members I follow it still says mutual follow and shows two little arrows under my avatar. If I click on my profile name the drop down box appears with usual all posts threads started infractions etc. if I click on another members profile name I get the unfollow member on theirs.

Very odd but it's not a problem for me. I realised I was following my self when I recieved an email saying I was following myself?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by