Food For My Chicks

Quote:
Use Purina Flock Raiser, or something similar
It says "for starting and growing your mixed flock" on the bag and mine seem to be thriving on it.

thanks so much.if some of my girls are ready to lay i can put oyster shell in for them,they can eat it if they want,correct?

Quote:
Use Purina Flock Raiser, or something similar
It says "for starting and growing your mixed flock" on the bag and mine seem to be thriving on it.

thanks so much.if some of my girls are ready to lay i can put oyster shell in for them,they can eat it if they want,correct?

Correct.
If you feed Flock Raiser to everyone just give a separate dish of Oyster Shell and the ones that need it will get it.

Some people prefer to feed this way to provide more protein than layer pellets. I think I might be switching over myself, especially as my chicks grow up and join the layers.

Quote:

Correct.
If you feed Flock Raiser to everyone just give a separate dish of Oyster Shell and the ones that need it will get it.

Some people prefer to feed this way to provide more protein than layer pellets. I think I might be switching over myself, especially as my chicks grow up and join the layers.

great!thanks again...

i just saw that the purina flock raiser was in pellets and my birds have only eaten crumbles,i dont want to change this close to winter.do they have a flock raiser in crumbles?

Quote:
Mine is in crumbles.
idunno.gif
It comes in a green bag.
You can see it here sitting next to the brooder/dog crate.
27985_bochicks2_008.jpg

Layena layer feed is in pellets OR crumbles and it comes in a blue bag, but sometimes crumbles are hard to find around here so I always end up with pellets.

Back
Top Bottom