Food for Turkeys

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by RanchGirl13, Nov 3, 2013.

1. RanchGirl13

RanchGirl13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi I have some chickens and I recently just got 8 wild rio grande turkeys and I was wondering what foods are alright to give them aside from scratch and chickens food. Thank you for any answers you can give me. If this is the wrong place for me to talk please tell me since I just just joined.

2. Percheron chick

Percheron chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2013
    Boulder, Colorado
    Are the turkeys in with the chickens? Typically you want a higher protein, lower Ca feed for meat birds as they are growing so fast. You can give them the chicken feed and toss some roasted soybeans in the mix to up the protein (it's the cheapest high protein feed out there. Should run about $25/50# bag) or you can go with a meat bird or all flock feed. They will eat a ton so sit down and run some numbers to figure out the most cost effective way to go.

3. RanchGirl13

RanchGirl13 Chillin' With My Peeps

I am not raising them for meat I do not eat my children and yes they are in with the chickens and I dont think anybody carries roasted soybeans or even regular i dont think...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by