Food grade DE in wisconsin

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by suzyq53511, May 16, 2010.

1. suzyq53511

suzyq53511 Drowning in Chickens!

Apr 30, 2010
    Beloit
    I am having problems finding this in southern WI. I would just like to have everything ready before I move them outside!
    Thanks
    Susan

2. NancyinAlaska

NancyinAlaska Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2009
    Willow Alaska
    I live in Alaska and really had a hard time finding any. I went on E-Bay and found a company EarthWorksHealth that sells a 10 lb bag for $25 and that's WITH shipping. You have to go throught the E-Bay sight or the shipping's crazy expensive...........hope that helps

3. Organics North

Organics North Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2009
    Wisconsin Northwoods
    Hi.
    I get mine at:
    Farm & Fleet or Fleet & Farm.. I am sure there is one down your way. Something like $9 for 50lbs Just ask in the animal feed department.
    ON

4. suzyq53511

suzyq53511 Drowning in Chickens!

Apr 30, 2010
    Beloit
    There are chicks at farm and fleet lol!!! I am going to get the food grade de plus some new babies....at least its almost payday!!! HAHAHAHA [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    You could check with Frank Organic Feed & Supply, in Jefferson. I know some people get it there. I would just check to make sure he has it in stock, before making the drive.

http://www.frankorganicfeed.com/

6. Organics North

Organics North Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2009
    Wisconsin Northwoods
    Quote:Hey,
    Thats my feed store! Heck drive all the way down from Minoqua to go there... Joe should be able to get it for you.. Also great organic feed at fair prices..

ON

7. AccioSarah

AccioSarah Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2010
    San Juan, Puerto Rico
    I didn't know FranksOrganic had it too! I've been looking for a supplier for DE. I get my feed from Franks too- but I get it through a local business around here. I bet I could save a lot just driving to Franks and getting it.

8. AccioSarah

AccioSarah Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2010
    San Juan, Puerto Rico
    Quote:Oh no... I was planning on going to Farm & Fleet in the morning. I better take my brother with me or else I'll end up buying some!!
    If there's even any at the store near me...

9. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    A lot of people in the Madison area get their organic chicken feed either directly from Frank's or from Nutzy Mutz.

I would have such a hard time controlling myself if I went anywhere with chicks! [​IMG]

Edited to add, I wonder if Mounds could get in a large bag of DE? They've always had great customer service for me, when I wanted something they didn't usually carry. Fertrell carrys it, along with their line of poultry and livestock feed additives. I bet a lot of feed mills could get it, too, if they can get Fertrell stuff.

Last edited: May 17, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by