Food grade DE

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jdennysgirl, Jul 18, 2008.

1. jdennysgirl

jdennysgirl Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2008
    Not sure where to post this so you can move it if you wish. I am trying to purchase DE for my chicks before I move them to the coop. I live in North Central Indiana approx. 70 miles north of Indianapolis. Does anyone live around that area that knows where to buy food grade DE? I know I can order it, but the shipping is outrageous! Please let me know. Thanks.

2. comerrick

comerrick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    I don't live in Indiana but this is a list nationwide of distributers.
    http://perma-guard.com/distributors.html
    For me, I drove 2 hours each way, but the cost of gas for my little car was a zillion times better than ordering it online. I bought 4 bags so I would be stocked for a while and that only cost me about $70.
    Lov
    Liv

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  3. Rogue_Woman

Rogue_Woman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    NC
    If you have an organic type food store nearby, they usually carry it. The whole foods and the local co-op here both do.

4. comerrick

May 15, 2008
    BTW Fossil Shell Flour is food grade DE.

5. comerrick

May 15, 2008
    Quote:Lucky Duck![​IMG]
    Mine Don't.[​IMG]

6. chick_newbie

chick_newbie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2008
    South Dakota
    I happened to get mine at the local animal feed store. Cost was cheap and a plus that it was local![​IMG]

7. I buy mine from Golden Blend Group. But he has a stall at the flea market so i don't have shipping costs. and only pay $20.00 for 50 lbs. you might try googling Golden blend and see if they have a rep close to you. marrie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by