Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth. Do you know the complete benefits?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gumpsgirl

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Mar 25, 2008
Virginia
I have been doing a lot of research on Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth and this is what I have found. Did you know that Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth is environmentally friendly?!?! Did you know it will kill all kinds of house pests/insects INCLUDING fire ants?!?! It will kill roaches, ants, beetles, etc... Just sprinkle it into cracks and crevices or apply directly to ant mounds. Did you know that it will kill internal parasites/worms in dogs, animals, and humans?!?! I am going to include a link that will help you determine how much to administer. Did you know that it will repel lice, ticks, fleas, and chiggers?!?! Did you know that it will make your coop smell better?!?! (I figure everyone on here knows that!) Did you know that you can add it to your chicken feed and it will improve your chickens mortality rate?!?! Check this site out! http://www.shadowridgedonkeys.com/perma_food_grade.htm The benefits of using DE are absolutely astounding! The best part is, it is a 100% natural product so it is completely safe to use!

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes, I just realized that when I tried to place my order.
barnie.gif
Sorry for being miss leading on that one! I have deleted that part from the post. I will keep looking and let you know if I find anything less expensive.

Last edited:
Now only if it would kill MICE!!! We just paid $35 for a shot for our puppy, he loves to chase rabbits and sometimes eats them. I have been told that the rabbits in our area(I don't know about other places) if the dog eats the head (or head of a squirrel) they get a tapeworm. My neighbor pays $45 a shot and gets them for their dog 3-4 times a year! If this would kill the tape worm(or prevent it alltogether) that would be great. DH keeps forgetting to go across the street from work to the feed store to find out if they have any. I think I will call him right now and remind him.

Maybe he'll see some chickens he can't resist!!
fl.gif

Monica

I know it seems like I post this every day, but just because DE is natural it isn't safe for the environment. Yes, it kills all of these things, but it also kills other things. It will kill every beneficial insect just as chemical pesticides do. This includes bees. If you are unaware of the crisis bees are facing look into it. Personally I believe in more environmental friendly pesticides like guineas for gardens...etc.

Yes, you can technically label your farm organic by using products like DE, but it is not environmental friendly if you use this products.

The best part is, it is a 100% natural product so it is completely safe to use!

Note that hemlock and cocaine are also 100% natural products. I wouldn't recomend feeding either to chickens. I do wish to get some DE and use it in limited quantities.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom