FOOD, Inc........ MUST SEE!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by midwestmilkmaiden, Nov 13, 2009.

1. midwestmilkmaiden

midwestmilkmaiden Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2008
    Just finally watched this.. have been putting it off for fear that I'd slip into depression like I did after watching Fast Food Nation.

Must say it does contain lots of truth that is hard to swallow, realizing certain facts that are sooooo disheartening and makes me wonder how as a HUMAN Nation we let our world get to this point.. but in the end there is a sense of hope and for me personally, as a Homesteadin' Woman that just started butchering her own meat, makes me feel very honored to have my hand in my own family's food source... very honored... and darn proud.

Basically, EVERYONE in the world should sit down and watch this!!!!!!!!.. if you haven't already.

2. PeeperKeeper

PeeperKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Is this on a DVD? I don't get TV reception anymore...really haven't missed it that much!

3. midwestmilkmaiden

midwestmilkmaiden Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2008
    Yes.. it's a New Release on DVD.

I also lost most reception on the TV.. and also don't miss it a whole heck of alot!.. since then our family has become masters of UNO and the memory game!!!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  4. thebritt

thebritt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Humboldt County
    I'll be checking it out as soon as I get a new DVD player!

5. SportTees

SportTees Chillin' With My Peeps

I ordered mine thru walmart.com - should be here anyday.

6. pinkchick

pinkchick "Ain't nuttin' like having da' blues"

May 30, 2008
    Washington State
    Watched this last week.........yes this is a must see!

7. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    I started a discussion about this a while back (not sure how to post a link to the thread--but it's somewhere here on Random Ramblings) got quite a lively debate going. I still haven't seen the movie or read the book. What started it was I saw the author on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart and was curious if anyone had seen it. I would still like to see it, but it's probably the same stuff I'm reading about in Mother Earth News, Mary Jane's Farm, etc...

8. Sammimom

Sammimom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Sammamish,WA
    I do think it's a great message to wake everyone up to how our food is really coming to us. Our great-grandparents would be horrified. I think many people still think the meat they eat lived a happy life out on the range, when that is not the case at all for the majority of meat and animal products sold today.

9. TipsyDog

TipsyDog Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2009
    Aregua, Paraguay
    I just ordered it online. I will share it with everyone and probably order meaties in the spring! I know how bad our food is and amazingly we allow it. It is shocking at the difference in food quality in the US versus Europe. They simply do not allow GM foods and additives and things we are being fed. Most of their food is also locally produced and they still have seasons!! Imagine that! They are also thin and healthy even while eating and drinking untold amounts of alcholol [​IMG]

We have alot of dairy farms around here and they are all going out of business at warp speed. They are not being paid enough for the milk they produce. I really think it's being done on purpose. Have you all noticed how the price of dairy products and cheese have fell in the past year? That's because most of the milk is now flooding into this country from CHINA! Since the gubermint regulates the price of milk and what the farmers are paid for it, I'm really starting to believe they are putting our family dairy farmer out of business on purpose. This is nuts. Kind of like turning to water off to farmers in California and now we are eating Mexican fruits and vegetables. No wonder I'm parinoid!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by