Food questions for 10 week old chicks

tjparker60

Chirping
Mar 2, 2016
I give my girls cooked oatmeal with raisins in the mornings... they LOVE it. The raisins are the first thing gone and then the oatmeal! Stupid question probably, but I buy the Old Fashion Oats at the store... can I buy the large bag of oats at the feed store and cook it up like oatmeal???
Also when can I start giving them sprouted BOSS or other sprouted foods?
They have picked their run clean of grass and everything else. How can I get them some greens? I gave them spinach and kale, they ate it, but reluctantly! Any ideas? Any help is appreciated as I'm new to this!

Chickens need a balanced Diet in order to grow properly...I will assume they are laying Pullets...
By feeding them a bunch of other things other than a proper age appropriate diet...You can cause Health, behavioural and poor egg production....For Layers treats should only be at 5% of Daily diet...Meaning a Tablespoon a day per Bird..Much less with Chicks...

Best of luck...

Cheers!

They are on a balanced diet! No they are not on layer feed as they are only 10 weeks old so they are on grower feed. And they are bantams so they eat crumbles! I only give treats in the morning and at night to get them in the coop. They are very healthy! I was asking about greens as they ate all the grass in their run!

Last edited:
I am sorry.....I never implied your Feeding layer pellets....They are Pullets that will grow to be Layers...Am I correct?

I only gave you my way of Feeding Chicks to Laying age...You can feed your Birds how ever you want? You started the thread so I replied to help you...

Cheers!

Sorry! When writing, things don't come out how you intend. I did not mean to offend. Thanks for your response. Maybe instead of asking I will just search on other threads to see if I can find the answer. Again I apologize!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom