Food stuck in throat

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Bantam girls, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Bantam girls

Bantam girls Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2009
    My chicks were due on Sunday and only one hatched early Saturday. I took her out of the bator and into the brooder. She was bonding with the thermometer so today I bought 2 6 day old chicks so when she finally does go outside she knows she is a real chicken. Anyway, she was just eating her mash that she has been eating since Sunday and I can feel a piece caught in her throat. She can still peep but she is uncomfortable. I tried to massage it out and give her water but it won't move! Please give me some advise! Thanks from me and Uno.

2. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

oh gosh, I don't know what I'd do. Do not take my advice unless someone says they've done it, but some apple sauce or wet bread. Something that might be thicker to help dislodge it...but omg, it could cause more of a blockage!
    Keeping my fingers crossed [​IMG] for you guys!

3. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I've never fed my chicks mash. I have only feed them medicated starter crumbles. Maybe you can post under Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures.

4. Bantam girls

Bantam girls Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2009
    I am sorry I used the wrong term.she is eating the medicated crumble stuff. I thought it was called mash

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by