Foods You HATED As A Kid, But Like Now

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Redcatcher, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Redcatcher

Redcatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    At My Desk!
    Do you have a food(s) that you absolutely hated as a kid but like/love as an adult? I am not referring to foods that you really never tried because you did not like the looks or smell of it (or whatever reason), but foods that you really tried to eat, or were forced to eat and still hated. I hated almost every vegetable, even mashed potatoes, when I was a kid. I always picked the lettuce out of my sandwiches, too, which was never much to begin with. Now, I like them all with the exception of raw, plain carrots, celery and pickled beets. Some foods were a gradual change but others seemed to change overnight.

2. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    rye bread

I even used to not eat hot dogs.

3. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

I liked & ate jellies, jams, & preserves as a kid, but got sick on it at about 10 years old. Haven't touched the stuff in about 43 years. [​IMG]

Hated mushroom soup as a kid, but eat it now.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2011
  4. SallyF

SallyF Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    I came down with measles the day after my mother made a German chocolate cake. Could not eat that cake for YEARS afterward.

5. txcarl1258

txcarl1258 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2010
    Pleasanton
    Spinach, broccoli, and cabbage. Pretty much the typical veggies that kids hate. Now I can't get enough of them. I think part of the reason was my family was all about the "meat and potatoes" and I was never exposed to very many veggies. I am going to put them in front of my kids as soon as they can chew! [​IMG]

6. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    Beets and mushrooms.

7. feathersnuggles

feathersnuggles Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2009
    Seattle
    beets.

8. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    Squash, mushrooms, pizza, hot dogs, mayonnaise, and EGGS! Well...I still loathe mayonnaise.

9. elizabethbinary

elizabethbinary Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Croutons. I thought I hated them but it turns out I never had them and my mother hated them! [​IMG]

And bleu cheese. Omnomnom.

10. Sootsie

Sootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2010
    cant say i like anything i didnt as a kid, but now its because i have tried it i always have been a picky eater but really do not like green veg.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by