Foot fetish?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by LibRat, Jul 25, 2013.

1. LibRat

LibRat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2013
    Illinois
    I have a question... My rooster, Pigpen has developed quite a foot fetish. He doesn't attack us or anything. He just follows us around and pecks us on the tops of our feet? He can hear the door open and he comes running. If its my husband, he will move on, but if its me or my daughter, watch out lol He also hears the truck when we pull up and will run right up to the door and wait for us to put our feet on the ground and get us. Is this normal? My husband finds it hilarious and is constantly filming us jumping around like idiots but I find it annoying.

2. thepouts

thepouts Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2013
    Wow I'm having the same issue with a young cockerel. He is always the first to come running when I go outside. Like you said he's not attacking me but he just likes to peck my feet.

I hate it if I forget to put my gumboots on.

3. nab58

nab58 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2013
    CT
    I know they like painted toes....do you have brightly pedi?

4. hautechics

hautechics Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2013
    Memphis TN
    My toes are painted a bright color and 2 of my hens are stalking my feet everyday, I have to keep my eye on them at all times or they will take a taste lol!!

5. LibRat

LibRat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2013
    Illinois
    Not bright colors. I thought it was the flip flops but he does it even with tennis shoes.... You can hear him running and when you stop and turn around he stops too and starts pecking the ground like la de da I wasn't just following you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by