Foot help!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by calichicken, Apr 30, 2018.

1. calichicken

calichicken Crowing

Hi!
    I have a baby quail hatched Sunday morning that has curled toes. I put some "sandals" on his feet....foam bottom with bandaids across his toes to keep them straight. He is definately getting around better with the support. How long do i keep them On? How often do i replace? Or do i not replace them at all until they are ready to come off? Any advice is truly appreciated! 20180429_191410.jpg

TwoCrows likes this.
  2. calichicken

calichicken Crowing

Giving this a bump ...i really want to make sure I do this right!

TwoCrows likes this.
  3. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Crossing the Road

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
  4. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Crossing the Road

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
  5. calichicken

calichicken Crowing

Thank you so much @Eggcessive ! I figured they needed to be changed with growth, but not sure how often. Didn't want to Do too much or too little!

TwoCrows likes this.
  6. MatthewsHomestead

MatthewsHomestead Free Ranging

Feb 21, 2018
    NC Foothills
    @TwoCrows any thoughts on her plight? You are the expert on quail in my opinion.

@calichicken check out TwoCrows articles on quail care. Could be some helpful insights!

Best of luck!

TwoCrows and calichicken like this.
  7. calichicken

calichicken Crowing

Thanks! @TwoCrows is actually a friend and helped me quite a bit in learning to care for my birds!!:thumbsup

MatthewsHomestead and TwoCrows like this.
  8. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Bird is the Word

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Awww...theres that baby. :hugs Dawn, I hope the little guy will be ok. Quail feet are just SO tiny. Definitely use vitamins on him. A couple drops of Poly Vi Sol (without the iron) orally each day can do wonders for curled toes. Use daily for a couple of weeks. Keep us posted Dawn!! :hugs

9. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Bird is the Word

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Oh and also, a couple small servings of chopped warmed hard boiled eggs each day. Eggs contain all the building blocks of life, lots of B vitamins, E and other stuff which he needs. :)

MatthewsHomestead likes this.
  10. calichicken

calichicken Crowing

Thank you!!! And he is ADORABLE!!! Can I use nutri drench for quail baby?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    TwoCrows and MatthewsHomestead like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: