Foot in Mouth..Great Start to the Year

rodriguezpoultry

Langshan Lover
11 Years
Jan 4, 2009
Claremore, OK
I love the people I work with. I have some awesome co-workers. I'm the "clown", they've labeled me as such at work because I take the songs that play on those TVs by the cash registers and make up new dances. I don't care if everyone is watching. When I need to have a goofy moment, by gawd, I'll have that goofy moment.

Well, I was trying to talk to a co-worker and she was being a big beeyatch. So, I made a comment that said "What's wrong? Does someone need a Midol?"

She turns and tells me that her husband and she split up that day. I mumbled something along the lines of "I'm so sorry" and walked away. She was all tearing up...I just don't have the ability to deal with crying people...I don't know why?

So, I bought her some candy to say "Sorry I was a moron...I didn't know" and wound up making her cry even more. Apparently she was on a huge diet she thought would make her hubby stay...

How many awful things can someone do in a day. I haven't seen her since this incident...should I just act like nothing has happened and go on being my normal goofy self? I'm thinking that's the best thing, but apparently I have a "mani-tude" and can't understand female emotions...unless their my own emotions.

For example, I would have called into work instead of going in and risking breaking down in public.

RodWoman! Get her a small bouquet of flowers in a vase as a symbol of apology and good wishes.
And maybe her husband never gave her flowers and she would have loved to get them from him.

Don't worry about your mistake, I coulda made it too. But give her a little something to make her feel better.

Last edited:
Aww! You didnt know what was wrong with her.... and the candy was a nice, thoughtful thing to do...
Dont let it bother you too much...

yeah..flowers sound nice too...
smile.png

Get her a card with a really goofy picture, funny animal stuff or something and write this inside it:
Men! Can't live with them and can't kill them either, but I can sure help you make fun of him if you need to!

I'm so sorry about my comment, it was thoughtless of me and I hurt you. I value you as a coworker and a friend and I'm hear if you need me, especially if you need to hide the body!

(Your Name)

If you have a bit of cash to spare, I would think flowers would be a nice gesture, or maybe a nice card.

Poor thing.
sad.png
It's too bad you can't deal with crying, I bet she needs a good shoulder to cry on right now.

ETA: I dont know why it didnt click, you BOUGHT her candy. Thats a very nice gesture, I would think you have done enough. You really did try.

Last edited:
I'm with you on that. I also have a problem with the crying. Even my own.. Draw a goofy face on a balloon that says I'm sorry, but I think the candy was a great gesture.

Back
Top Bottom