Foot in Mouth..Great Start to the Year

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by rodriguezpoultry, Jan 25, 2010.

1. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I love the people I work with. I have some awesome co-workers. I'm the "clown", they've labeled me as such at work because I take the songs that play on those TVs by the cash registers and make up new dances. I don't care if everyone is watching. When I need to have a goofy moment, by gawd, I'll have that goofy moment.

Well, I was trying to talk to a co-worker and she was being a big beeyatch. So, I made a comment that said "What's wrong? Does someone need a Midol?"

She turns and tells me that her husband and she split up that day. I mumbled something along the lines of "I'm so sorry" and walked away. She was all tearing up...I just don't have the ability to deal with crying people...I don't know why?

So, I bought her some candy to say "Sorry I was a moron...I didn't know" and wound up making her cry even more. Apparently she was on a huge diet she thought would make her hubby stay...

How many awful things can someone do in a day. I haven't seen her since this incident...should I just act like nothing has happened and go on being my normal goofy self? I'm thinking that's the best thing, but apparently I have a "mani-tude" and can't understand female emotions...unless their my own emotions.

For example, I would have called into work instead of going in and risking breaking down in public.

2. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    RodWoman! Get her a small bouquet of flowers in a vase as a symbol of apology and good wishes.
    And maybe her husband never gave her flowers and she would have loved to get them from him.

Don't worry about your mistake, I coulda made it too. But give her a little something to make her feel better.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Aww! You didnt know what was wrong with her.... and the candy was a nice, thoughtful thing to do...
    Dont let it bother you too much...

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    yeah..flowers sound nice too... [​IMG]

5. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Get her a card with a really goofy picture, funny animal stuff or something and write this inside it:
    Men! Can't live with them and can't kill them either, but I can sure help you make fun of him if you need to!

I'm so sorry about my comment, it was thoughtless of me and I hurt you. I value you as a coworker and a friend and I'm hear if you need me, especially if you need to hide the body!

(Your Name)

6. jojo@rolling acres farm

[email protected] acres farm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2009
    Nebraska
    With the way your luck is running - she'll probably have some sort of rare allergy to one or more of the flowers you send...maybe a nice note. Good Luck...

7. Kelly G

Kelly G It's like herding cats!

I think you did right by her. She's upset, and nothing anyone can say will make her feel any better. I think your apology was really, really nice.

8. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Its the thought that counts and I am sure she did appreciate you trying.

9. cluckcluck42

cluckcluck42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2009
    Quebec
    If you have a bit of cash to spare, I would think flowers would be a nice gesture, or maybe a nice card.

Poor thing. [​IMG] It's too bad you can't deal with crying, I bet she needs a good shoulder to cry on right now.

ETA: I dont know why it didnt click, you BOUGHT her candy. Thats a very nice gesture, I would think you have done enough. You really did try.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  10. birdnutz

birdnutz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2007
    wyoming
    I'm with you on that. I also have a problem with the crying. Even my own.. Draw a goofy face on a balloon that says I'm sorry, but I think the candy was a great gesture.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by