foot injury or Bumble foot?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by fishnet1971, Aug 22, 2011.

1. hen with the little tell take scab, soaked, picked, nothing there. bandaged with sugar and betadyne 3 days. (had 3 hens total with it) 2 hens ok. third looked to be healing up. 2 wks. later i have the one hens foot swelling, red looking between the toes. The little scab has healed and looks to be almost gone though. For the sake of hmmmmmm... i resoaked, picked the scab, put on boric acid and vaseline mixture, taped up, changed it daily. That was a week ago. hole looks to be healing up again, no heat but

foot is still swolen on pad and between toes. She does not limp on it. Favors it, but not limping. how do i tell if its bumble foot or an injury?????? I want to do the correct thing here, but am not sure.... [​IMG]

2. MichenerFarm

MichenerFarm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2011
    The Wild West
  3. maybejoey

maybejoey got chickenidous?

A picture would help us tell better.

4. i will get one this afternoon as soon as i get home.

5. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Does it look anything like this:
    [​IMG]

That's bumblefoot.

6. yup

7. maybejoey

maybejoey got chickenidous?

It looks like bumble foot.

8. It was bumblefoot. I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i successfully removed it about 10 minutes ago! i actually did it!!!! got this core thing with a hard yello pea sized thing attached. omg.... it was so easy! I followed the instructions on here and they worked. I will never be scared to de it again. She is already walking better!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

9. snaphu

snaphu Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2010
    Langley
    Quote:WOW!!!! [​IMG] TERRIFIC!! I'm still working on my girl with bumblefoot... what "instructions" did you follow? there are several different suggestions and tips to how to deal with the condition.... I'm afraid of cutting and digging [​IMG]

10. writermom

writermom Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2010
    Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Quote:WOW!!!! http://bestsmileys.com/clapping/4.gif TERRIFIC!! I'm still working on my girl with bumblefoot... what "instructions" did you follow? there are several different suggestions and tips to how to deal with the condition.... I'm afraid of cutting and digging [​IMG]

I'm also curious to know which method you used.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by