Foot injury

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by mbailey78, Jun 21, 2016.

1. mbailey78

mbailey78 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 23, 2015
    I noticed a couple of days ago that my roosters foot has a big bump on it. It's definitely swelling and getting worse. I see him limping a bit and standing more on his good foot.
    I thought maybe bumblefoot but can't find any scabs. A friend suggested an abscess. Either way I have no idea what it is or what to do about it.
    He is a big beautiful easter egger named Thor. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    The pictures don't show how large the bump is and the pad is swollen. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thank you
    Melissa

2. jennyf

jennyf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2016
    Missouri
    He is beautiful! Have you tried soaking in warm Epsom salts? That may help with bringing an abscess to the surface.

3. mbailey78

Aug 23, 2015
    He is even more pretty now than in that picture. That pic is from last August and I didn't have an updated one on my phone.
    I have a friend that mentioned the Epsom salt soak last night. Going to try it tonight after work. Thanks!

4. mbailey78

Aug 23, 2015
    Did some foot surgery tonight and the corn kernel came out that people mentioned in the bumblefoot threads. Fingers crossed that he will be ok now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by