Foot neuroma update, surgery scheduled for June. Blah!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by FrenchHen, Mar 25, 2009.

1. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    I have a neuroma in my foot. It hurts, a lot.
    Anyone else go through this?

It's a benign growth in a nerve between the space just before my third and fourth toes.

Right at springtime, too. Now I get to take time off of garden work AND dance.

ARG!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  2. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    is there anything that can be done? surgery?

Sounds painful

3. FrenchHen

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    We're starting with the walking cast boot thing.
    Then it's cortisone shots if that doesn't work.
    Then surgery if the cortisone doesn't work.

It's not fun! I hate having to stop doing fun things, though. That's the icky bit. Plus it's hard to chase down my little boys.

4. winniegirl

winniegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I have one too. I went straight for the cortisone shots which
    helped immensely. Before the shots, mine resolved for awhile then returned. Hope you find some relief!

5. FrenchHen

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    Thanks. I'm in a boot to rule out/heal a stress fracture since my foot also had those symptoms. I think shots start next week if it's not better.
    Do you do any impact sports or activities?

6. Rhett&SarahsMom

May 8, 2008
    I ended up finding out I have a bone chip and severe arthritis in my ankle. No idea how I got the bone chip.

Lucky for me so far lifting my heel is opening the ankle joint and helping the pain. But I know its only going to get worse. I plan on skipping the shots and going to surgery. Until then I am walking and looking forward to opening the pool this year.

I hope you get some relief soon.

7. FrenchHen

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    I had bone chips in my ankle from an avusion fracture (a sprained ankle that pulls bits off of a bigger bone) in October. That injury also included a broken 5th metatarsal. After St. Patrick's day performances, the pain behind my toes got worse and worse. Something about our evil shoes and the high impact.

Foot pain is awful!

8. Rhett&SarahsMom

May 8, 2008
    Quote:I agree. If I dont dose myself up I can barely walk. Of course clunking around in my big ole warm and toasty snow boots all winter and now my clunky mud boots [​IMG] well lets just say the pharmacist knows me well

9. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    French Hen, I don't have it but I am hoping the best for you! [​IMG]

10. FrenchHen

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    I saw the foot doc today. We have a surgery date. I'm glad to have a treatment, but understandably nervous about a surgery.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by