Foot prints outside chicken coop HELP!!! (pictures)

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Smf0723, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Smf0723

Smf0723 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2012
    I went to feed and give my chickens water and i saw foot prints. Im not sure if theyre racoon foot prints or not. Please help!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TravisE

TravisE Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2012
    fayette county wv
    i would just be quessing. a clearer picture of a singal print wound help.

3. tadpole98

tadpole98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2012
    Missouri
    [​IMG] hard to tell in the photos, [​IMG]

[​IMG]

was it something like those? if so its a raccoon.. set a trap immediately and be sure to put your chickens in at least 30 minutes before the sun starts setting. is your coop predator proofed? No gaps at the top? if so close those in, they manage to squeeze in through those spots.

4. showbarnmom

showbarnmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2012
    south central Texas
    The top picture looks like racoon, but maybe a cat or possum. Anyway around it its something that can harm your chooks.

5. azygous

azygous True BYC Addict

Dec 11, 2009
    Colorado Rockies
    Next time you take a picture of foot prints, do it early in the morning or late in the afternoon when the sun is at a low angle. That will make the prints stand out more clearly. Also, you need to show scale, so putting a ruler or a recognizable object next to the prints to show how big they are.

It looks to me like they could be fox prints. But fox prints are very small, like a very small dog. If they are large, in the neighborhood of two inches, then they'd be a dog.

Did it kill any chickens?

6. AwallRooster

AwallRooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2012
    Arkansas
    they look like small to medium cat prints to me,a raccoon's back feet look almost like baby feet prints, an i don't see that shape in the prints..buy a cheap motion game camera an put it up,you will see what it is the next time..

7. tadpole98

tadpole98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2012
    Missouri
    on the last picture there i think are 'baby prints'..?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by