foot scabs never gone

Mavrik

Songster
8 Years
Jun 15, 2011
A few months ago I noticed scabs on ten feet, so I did the normal treatment for bumblefoot (soaks, Baytril, etc) and picked scabs off. After two weeks of this, I stopped and left un-bandaged. Couple of months latter, the scabs are still there, not growing (well, one is growing), pads are not swelling. What could be the problem?

On ten feet? 10 feet? Well, there is a cause.. must be something irritating their feet, repeatedly, constantly... is the roost rough, has it got splinters or rough spots on it? Do you need to sand it down to smooth it out?
Or is there something else they are walking on or roosting on that is irritating their feet? Is it only hens, or do the roosters have it, too? If it is only hens, what is in their nesting boxes?
Well... do a Search here on BYC: "Causes for Bumblefoot"... and even just "Bumblefoot" to make sure if that is what is going on?
There would be swelling and pain, limping with Bumblefoot.
I don't know enough to help you, sorry. I can only suggest you use the Search here to check on symptoms and causes.

Good luck.

I was all though finding a source and I made many corrections, to coop, roosts, more litter, removing certain plants, etc, etc, etc. I've had these hens for 4-6 years (different ages).

Back
Top Bottom