? for 1588 users

reallemons1

Songster
12 Years
Mar 31, 2008
Gloucester, VA
After reading all the raves here we decided to try one. So we ordered one with forced air and an egg turner. It is running at 101, and that is using my digital tried and pretty true thermometer. Knowing forced air should run at 99.5 should I try to adjust it? I am a little confused with the instructions and emailed GQF to help adjust the temp. They told me as stated in the directions to try it at the factory settings and reset only if I get a bad hatch. Well I got it for my Ringneck and Red Golden Pheasant eggs (don't want to loose them because they lay only seasonal), and chickens after the pheasants quit . Should I leave the temperature alone to try to adjust?

Mine always runs between 99.5 and 100. I have 2 thermometers in there too and they don't very between each other. I would buy another thermometer and see what that one reads before adjusting. Do you move the thermometer around inside that bator? I do know right under the fan it's a drop cooler.

Good question, I will be interested to see what others say on this one. We have had one since last fall and had 4 or 5 good hatches in it. Every time it ran right at 100. Now that my mille cochin eggs are in it it is running 101.+ all the time. I did try to adjust it because I was so worried, but then it dropped into the 90s and I couldn't understand what the re-regulate directions wanted me to do, so I reset it back to factory after about 10-15 minutes. Seems I did better before I bought the hygrometer thing and just used a cheap-y thermometer in it. Good luck! I hope someone has a good suggestion for you.

I tried to adjust mine . . . even with the help of everyone on here it was miserable experience; finally turned out that I had a faulty Bator (1588) took it back and everything went fine. I strongly second getting a second thermometer before messing with it. I have two in mine one says 100. one says 100.05

There are very tiny switches on the lid. It comes set at "3" or "4" which is supposed to be 100 degrees. Mine was 98.5 on the 4 setting on one 1588, but 99.5 on the 3 setting on the other 1588. So, I adjusted one to 5 and left the other on 3. I believe it has much to do with where the incubator is placed in your home. It is not hard to adjust, just know that you must "reset" all switches to Off before making a change.

Back
Top Bottom