For adoption: Siamese (mix?) cat who thinks he's a dog (NC)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by asher, Sep 1, 2008.

1. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    I have a siamese male cat with beautiful blue eyes. Possibly siamese mix, I am not positive. He's a beautiful boy. Under a year old, probably more like 6 months or under, I think. (Cannot remember exactly when we got him.) Has not been fixed, yet. He's a big lovable cuddle monster. He has been an outdoor cat, but loves to come inside so would probably do very well as either. He acts more like a dog (in terms of affection, accepting loving, etc.) than a cat, IMO. He is good with kids and dogs (though he does like to torment and horse play with dogs), but not so good with small animals (chicks, rabbits, etc.) He "answers" to Freddy at the moment.

I want him to go to a good pet home. We rescued him from someone at the flea market that was going to bring him to the shelter and if he's just going to end up back there again (shelter), we'd rather continue giving him a home here.

(The pictures were taken a few months ago, he is larger and more "adult cat" looking now.)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I had a cat that looked like him for a lot of years. His name was Oliver. He was a sweet cat. Too bad I'm not closer.

3. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    Oh My....he is adorable and I sooooo wish you lived closer [​IMG]

Good Luck finding him a forever home!

4. asher

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Thank you ~ everyone that comes here just loves him. We do, too. Got too attached and he's already been here way longer than I'd originally anticipated. [​IMG] I kept putting off trying to find him a new home.

5. apbgv

apbgv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Iowa
    If you were only closer, I have 2 boys marked like him Monte and Carlo, he could be Chevy:lol: Ok actually I would love to move to NC, love it when I visited my brother several years ago unfort he moved back to the Midwest.

6. asher

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    I just snapped this one of him tonight. It's with my camera phone so not the best color/quality, but you get the picture.

[​IMG]

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

He's a beauty! Looks like a Siamese cross to me, Cindy. Hope you can find him a good forever-home.

8. Matt A NC

Matt A NC Overrun With Chickens

Feb 22, 2007
    Morganton, NC
    If I didn't already have Tabitha, I would take him.

Did I ever show you a pic of Tabitha? She was a rescue from the Burke County Shelter. We are guessing that Tabitha is a Siamese/Tabby mix.

She was about a year old in this picture. The ceiling fan in my bedroom was on and she fell asleep in this position.
    Sleeping Cat

When she 4 months old she looked exactly like your cat and had almost none of the stripes except her face, tail, and front legs. She also has very nice Blue eyes. As she grew up stripes developed everywhere.
    3 days ago - 15 months old

Matt

9. asher

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Aw, I wish you could take him, too, Matt. I'd love to see him go to a home with someone that loved him as much as you love your animals!

Wow ~ they do look a lot alike!!! Freddy's sister looked pure Siamese, but he has the darker tail, etc. She had no dark points at all.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by