1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

For all faiths that believe that God is good. Praise Report.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by debilorrah, Aug 23, 2011.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

No Ken does not have a job yet. No the ATC has not sold yet. No our bunny kits have not sold yet. No my income is not enough to pay our bills and still be above water.

But SOMEHOW, and I cannot piece it together, we ARE above water, and the bills are paid. We were even slapped with my car giving out and having to add a vehicle payment to the budget. No credit cards here either, thank God for that.

I look at the bills, I look at what I make. It is just not enough. Yet, somehow, it is all paid. Yes, we are late on a few things, and yes we have had to call in to the electric company with a payment date. But nothing has been turned off, we are only one month behind on ONE bill.

The grace of God has touched us. His grace has given me blank spots in my mind so I am completely clueless how He has managed to do this for us. But it has been done.

Obviously we are still struggling, however, we are sooo stinkin blessed it just ain't even funny!!!!

2. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    I'm in that boat with you. All I can say is the fish and bread come to mind, and I'm sure other flavors of religion have similar tales of miraculous sustenance.

Yay, God, whatever God is like in everyone's own personal book.

3. BirdNut

BirdNut Overrun With Chickens

Sep 13, 2010
    Suprise, Arizona
    I find it truly inspiring that even in such tough times, your faith in God still persists, and you do not fail to see the many blessings that you do have.

You will be in my prayers - [​IMG]

4. debilorrah

Quote:As a person of faith, I find it necessary to share when a miracle happens, because this is nothing short of a miracle!!!! I mean, the bills vs the income - it is just not there. Ken has been unemployed since the middle of May!!!! This is not a fluke. Ok, egg sales pays for feed, I got that one. But what about everything else??? Including the fact that my check is $100 less than than our rent.
    Unexplainable.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  5. Annie75

Annie75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2011
    Oh boy do I understand you!! We found termites in our house this week, but, eh, why not. It's ok. Just another bill. Somehow though there always seems just enough to cover it... It's a nice feeling to realise that even though you're on the edge...that's just it, you're on the edge and you're still holding on (with a smile on your face too!!).

I'm happy you feel blessed. Many people ARE blessed and just can't 'feel' it. 'Feeling' blessed is the best part! [​IMG]

6. debilorrah

Quote:I think more people need to sit down and count their blessings as opposed to their hardships and they will see how much they have to thankful for.

7. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    My guess is you sold $135 of bunnies last month, but i'm still happy for you.

8. discoveregg

discoveregg Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Northern Idaho
    Quote:As a person of faith, I find it necessary to share when a miracle happens, because this is nothing short of a miracle!!!! I mean, the bills vs the income - it is just not there. Ken has been unemployed since the middle of May!!!! This is not a fluke. Ok, egg sales pays for feed, I got that one. But what about everything else??? Including the fact that my check is $100 less than than our rent.
    Unexplainable.

Unexplainable = miracle. I beleive they happen every day if you just watch for them [​IMG]

9. debilorrah

Quote:$130. And I have 4 left to go and they are growing......

10. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    This happens to us every month. Its amazing. Thanks Lord.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by