For all my fellow horse-lovers out there - live broadcast of Arab show

Cool!
thumbsup.gif

I can't believe the Arabain world has come to Mini Saddlebreds and teacup muzzled QH's. So sad...

Though it is a good video!

Last edited:
Quote:
Well....they've TRIED to get them going like Saddlebreds (my breed for 20 years...after 15 years of Arabs), but they aren't built like S'breds - so they can't go like one - they get strung-out behind and goose-stepping up front.

...but there will always be a place in my heart for Arabs. I love those sculpted heads and sea-horse necks. The kids in the equitation class looked GREAT (patterns needed work, but good riding).

QH??? I don't know about teacup muzzles being as big of a problem as those tiny feet they seem to breed for to hold up an over-bulked (and probably H/H or N/H for HYPP to get that bulk).

How about what the show ring has done to German Shepherds? Or so many breeds that have been bred to manipulate one or two traits. It resembles a train wreck.

I have a love/hate relationship with showing - I LOVE to compete. LOVE it! But there are some things I'm not willing to do to win. The good thing is that as I've gotten older, I find more satisfaction in working the horse and teaching than in the competing.

AND I still love to watch....back at it again this am!

Back
Top Bottom