For everyone wanting to see a candled button egg... Here ya go!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jfulcher, Aug 7, 2011.

1. jfulcher

jfulcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    [​IMG]

Hope you all enjoy it!

2. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    With my bobwhite quail eggs, i have candled them, they are very cool, Bobwhite quail eggs are bleached white. Not really bleached they just look that way. I love candling them, it is so fun.

3. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Well with button eggs it is much harder to candle. Coturnix and bobs are easier than buttons.

4. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    Okay dumb question. My neighbor asked me to hatch quail eggs for her. Didn't know what kind (she's Amish) I have small white eggs and speckled eggs, I am on day 21 and have pips. I must have been looking at the wrong thing because i locked down at day 14 thinking they were to hatch at day 16. Will this cause a problem. One is definitely not going to hatch it pip really low and haven't seen much more effort from it. Today I have 4 pips and the ones that pip last night are stalled. How long should these eggs incubate and me locking them down so early will it cause a problem?
    Thanks Michele

5. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:OKay they sound like either bobwhite and coturnix, or coturnix eggs. Coturnix eggs are speckled but can also be white, but take 17-18 days to incubate. But bobwhite are white and take 21-24 days(if not mistaken) to incubate. Best thing to do is let nature take its course.. Or if you are feeling adventurous you can help them along. If you can post pictures I would be able to tell if they were which type of quail eggs I think.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by