for newbie duck owners like me (care sheet for ducks)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by hypnofrogstevie, Mar 2, 2008.

1. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
  2. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    so what do you guys think of this sheet?

3. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    i like it! [​IMG]

4. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Printed it you horrible enabler, you! lol

5. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    lol! [​IMG]

Good! you deserve it! [​IMG]

6. Henrietta23

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    pfffft, my son has decided he wants ducks. I can't fight that. He even prefers Cayugas too! I'm sunk...Perfectly Polish tells me the feed store near her is where she got her cayagas. I called, their chicks come in a few weeks, so presumably their ducklings too. TSC is getting ducklings. You don't think I'm going to get through this spring with out a couple of ducks. So thanks for the info seriously. Looks like I'll need it.
    [​IMG]

7. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    your welcome. I was surfing the internet for a good care sheet and I saw that one. I wish you lots of luck on your new duck adventure. I love cayuga ducks and dont care if they are mixed or purebreed.

8. Henrietta23

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Quote:Perfectly Polish has some mixed eggs. I thought about those but I think I'm done hatching for a bit. Just a couple at the feed store. [​IMG]

9. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I got eggs cause I hope to get my first sucssesful hatch. I got 0% for my first chicken egg hatch. hopefully this time will be different. I hope you paste some pics of the new birds. for me I got 22 days left till mine hatch

10. Henrietta23

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Quote:Chicks are due to arrive April 7 and 14 but I will have to pick them up from the people I ordered with. Ducklings may come a little sooner than that depending on when the feed store gets any. I may talk myself out of it yet too. Wish it would warm up so we could get building already.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by