For People In The North East......* Heat Wave* & *Bad Storms*

BirdBoy88

Angel Egg
12 Years
Dec 26, 2007
Maryland
Were all going to be having a heat wave over the weekend
somad.gif
so keep all your pets cool and stay cool your self.. try not to hang out side alot... only go out if you really really need to... drink plenty of water

i wish i didn't have to go out today but i have landscaping work i have to do..

Be Safe
smile.png

Last edited:
That reminds me of a question I have. What, if anything, do we do for our birds when the temp skyrockets? Of course make sure they have shade, but is there anything else that people do? Do chickens just lay low and find shady spots when it's hot? New to chickens and so far it's been pretty cool here!

I am going to try and get outside EARLY so that I can get all the stalls cleaned and the chicken coops I absolutely have to do! Plus all the waterers have to be cleaned and filled. You would never know outside right now that it is going to be that hot, I did notice the humidity going up yesterday though. Everyone try and stay cool.
cool.png

I unfortunately put off mowing the front yard until today and the grass looks like a wild meadow. Fortunately, its almost entirely shade. So, I will dress light and keep the water bottle handy and take lots of breaks if necessary. Also have headache pill ready. Any severe change in weather = migraine.

wooo!
th.gif

i just got back and i am tired to the T!

it's only 11:50am and it's 90 out side!
ep.gif

my body is weak..lol

and when it's hot out like today i spray my chickens with cool water.. not to where there soken wet but just to mist them and they love it then they lay back in the shade.. also have lots of ice water for them
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom