For people who have lost fowl that they really loved

Pennae

Chirping
Mar 2, 2015
Siddha farm, NSW, AUS
Hi everyone I started this thread so people can write about some fowl that they loved, I have lost some fowl and it is really heart braking so if you have lost something post what you have to say
hugs.gif

We lost three Dominique girls to an evil dog. Broke through the chicken wire and killed them and the austrolorp girl living with them. I cannot stand it when owners do not take responsibility for their animals and just let them run loose to go eat the neighbor's chickens :he

Had fowl for 12+ yrs and have lost them for various reasons and am heartbroken even when it wasn't a "pet" fowl. Has been an extremely rough winter and lost/slaughtered 11 birds for couple reasons and still can't correct the fencing issues because too busy with my Mama/etc issues so just pray the hawk/raccoons get another hobby in the meantime(
i jest, of course,I am dealing with the coons and the hawks show up after 3 pm so have to cowboy girls up but they don't co-operate totally so....)Fortunately my fave hen is very large and the hawk doesn't target the very large birds(I hope that theory holds for awhile!)

Back
Top Bottom