For people who have lost fowl that they really loved

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Pennae, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Pennae

Pennae Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2015
    Siddha farm, NSW, AUS
    Hi everyone I started this thread so people can write about some fowl that they loved, I have lost some fowl and it is really heart braking so if you have lost something post what you have to say[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. wyandottegirl

wyandottegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2014
    Vancouver Island, BC
    [​IMG] I lost two of my award winning 4-H pullets to a dog [​IMG].

3. Pennae

Mar 2, 2015
    Siddha farm, NSW, AUS
    I am so sorry to here that[​IMG], they must of been some beautiful chickens, and thank you for sharing[​IMG]

4. Pennae

Mar 2, 2015
    Siddha farm, NSW, AUS
    Sadly i lost a beautiful silkie peackon chicken to a snake[​IMG]

5. wyandottegirl

Sep 16, 2014
    Vancouver Island, BC
    Oh no! That's awful. I'm sorry to hear that.[​IMG] It was two of my Polish that I lost.

6. GotPoofs

GotPoofs Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2015
    We lost three Dominique girls to an evil dog. Broke through the chicken wire and killed them and the austrolorp girl living with them. I cannot stand it when owners do not take responsibility for their animals and just let them run loose to go eat the neighbor's chickens :he

7. wyandottegirl

Sep 16, 2014
    Vancouver Island, BC
    I know exactly how you feel. The exact same thing happened to me. I'm sorry about your loss.[​IMG]

8. chickchoon1

chickchoon1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2014
    Ohio
    Had fowl for 12+ yrs and have lost them for various reasons and am heartbroken even when it wasn't a "pet" fowl. Has been an extremely rough winter and lost/slaughtered 11 birds for couple reasons and still can't correct the fencing issues because too busy with my Mama/etc issues so just pray the hawk/raccoons get another hobby in the meantime(
    i jest, of course,I am dealing with the coons and the hawks show up after 3 pm so have to cowboy girls up but they don't co-operate totally so....)Fortunately my fave hen is very large and the hawk doesn't target the very large birds(I hope that theory holds for awhile!)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by