for people who stop hatching in the winter...

I like the chicks to start coming early March, so I'll be starting the bators in early February... I can't wait!!!
wee.gif

I calculated that by the time my chicks that are in the incubators (in my house) hatch now in Dec, they'll be 4-5 months old by Apr and May, and they'll start laying, and have a really long first laying season till end of 2011.
celebrate.gif

I didn't stop last year and I wouldn't this year either but my brother is haivng heart surgery in January and I'm going to Indiana to help out the family. Since DH can hardly keep his eyes open when he's home, just feeding and watering all of them is gonna be hard enough for himn to do without having to tend incubators. Sooooo, my last batch of 5 eggs is in the hatcher now. A few days early but the temps have been running high so they will probably be early. They are due to hatch dec 26th. I expect either Christmas eve or on Christmas.

I'll start back up when I get back which will probably be February. I already have 2 shipments of eggs due to arrive in March. If my silkies are still laying they will go in the bators along with the The quail i'll start when it warms up more because they go out after a week in the grow pen in the shed.

Back
Top Bottom