For Postage: Brugmansia cuttings

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Dawn419, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    Rumor has it that our killing frost is right around the corner. I have a Brugmansia that I'm going to be taking cuttings of/cutting back so I can move it to the cold frame for the winter (they aren't hardy in zone 7).

If anyone is interested, please let me know and I'll root them or else they will be destined for the compost pile. I will send 3 rooted cuttings per box, ship them Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation.

Thanks for looking!

Dawn

2. mlheran

mlheran Chillin' With My Peeps

I've never had a Brugmansia before (but have now read up on them a bit), do the cuttings grow well?
    Also, if you take Paypal I'd be interested in some cuttings. [​IMG]

3. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    I'd love to try some! How much do you think it will be?

4. apbgv

apbgv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Iowa
    is it the plant also known as Angel's trumpet?? Unfortunately if it is I can't as I know they are toxic to dogs and cats. but it isn't I would be interested.

Amy

5. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    mlheran,

I've had good luck with growing the cuttings indoors over the winter. I keep threatening to just let it die but I just can't do it![​IMG]

We have a Paypal account also.

Carol AM,

I should be able to mail them for around $6.00, probably less...I'm just guessing off the top of my head.

I'll make sure they have good starts on the roots before I mail them, it should take about a week maybe less for the roots to start showing.

apbgv,

Yes, Brug's are also known as Angel's Trumpets. I've never had a problem with the our pets bothering with them as far as wanting to eat any part of the plant. The wild rabbits don't even bother them.

Dawn

Last edited: Oct 30, 2007
    1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by