For Sale - 4 Pygmy mixes (goats) - near Lapeer, MI

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Felicia, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Felicia

Felicia Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Michigan
    I have 4 Pygmy mixes that need a good home. I love them to death, but they deserve to be at a home that can spend lots of time with them. I got them from someone who saved the 2 does from getting slaughtered (one was 8 years old, the other doe was around 4 or 5). The man just gave them to the family - without telling them they were pregnant. So I eventually got them, because they didn't have enough room for 5 goats (one doe had twins, the other had a single). The older doe, Big Mama (aka Lola), passed away - most likely from old age. The babies (all wethers) are now almost a year old. They have had all their shots, have been dewormed, and all of them (including the doe) have horns. The doe is very attached to her son, so I would not want to separate them. The doe is extremely scared - after about a year I have her to the point where she will walk up to me but not allow me to pet her. When I first got her she would run as far away as she could from me. She has made much progress. The twin boys are more out going. Tucker just does his own thing and doesn't really want attention, where as his brother Mac is all over you and eating your clothes (and hair [​IMG]). If you are at all interested in giving any of these guys a home or if you have more questions, please pm me. I will only let them go to a good home. I had a really hard time making the decision to find them new homes, but I believe it is best for them. I am completely open to any questions you have about them, and I will tell you all of their little quirks. If your home doesn't work out, I will take them back.

Here are some pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
  2. bbRedMom

bbRedMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    Oh my, I would take them in a heart beat! Dont feel like a drive south do ya? [​IMG]

3. Felicia

Feb 26, 2009
    Michigan
    Oh I wish I was. I want them to find a wonderful home. I will miss them a lot but they deserve a home that can spend a lot of time with them. Especially Joy, she needs a home that can be patient with her and show her that humans aren't going to hurt her.

4. bbRedMom

bbRedMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    Ah, I understand. My three adults were horribly neglected before I got them last fall. Etta is the only one who will trust me enough to give her scritches. Butch and Sundance will eat from my hand, but thats it.

On the other hand, Etta and Sundance's son Duke is a total love-slut. Which will be difficult when he weighs 200 pounds and tries to crawl in my lap....

5. Felicia

Feb 26, 2009
    Michigan
    Quote:[​IMG]

6. Mom2Munchkins

Mom2Munchkins Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Upstate NY
    I wish I could take them!! I am trying to find pygmys to add to ours and am having a hard time! They are adorable. One reminds me of a pygmy I used to have "Mr Stinkles" [​IMG]

7. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    where in MI? we may be interested.

8. Felicia

Feb 26, 2009
    Michigan
    Mom2Munchkins - That is a really cute name!

Miss Jayne - I am very close to Lapeer, MI. I am near the line for Oakland County and Lapeer County (I am located in Lapeer County)

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by