1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

FOR SALE Blue Turkens, and others/Canton, MS

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by jmhappycowboy, Aug 8, 2008.

1. jmhappycowboy

jmhappycowboy The Egg Wrangler

Dec 13, 2007
    Philadelphia, MS
    Hey everyone after selling most of the LF Blue Orps that I had I still have way to many birds here. With feed prices as high as they are and everything else going on here I am going to offer lots more birds for sale.

I have around 15 Turkens (Naked Necks) most of them are Blue but there are a few black ones in the bunch. These range in age from about 1 month to 3 months of age. I am asking $6.00 each for them but if someone took the whole group would make you a better deal.

I also have a pair of Barred Rock Bantams, the little rooster is around 5 months old and is from silkieluvr, the pullet is around 3 months old and she is from KingsCalls so the pair is unrelated. $15.00 for the pr.

Also I have around 12 or so Bantam Cochins there are a few Blue's, maybe a few Blue Mottled and a white or 2 and some just mixed colors in this bunch they are about 1 month old. These are $1.50 each or if you take them all $1.00 each for the group.

I will try to get pictures up shortly. Also am going to list some call ducks and guineas in the other section.

These are for pickup only as it is to hot to ship. I would be willing to meet you for pickup within oh around 100 miles for some gas money.

Thanks
    James

2. chicktwit

chicktwit Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    Ohhh... if only it were a little cooler... [​IMG] Let me know what you have left to sell when it does. [​IMG]

3. jmhappycowboy

Dec 13, 2007
    Philadelphia, MS
    maralpz2006, I sent you an email.

chicktwit, what are your temps going to be like the first part of next week. They are going to be in the 80's here or they are supposed to be anyway. If they are and your temps are low enough I might be able to ship you some birds.

James

4. chicktwit

chicktwit Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    I'm afraid mid to near 100 till end of week but if the front comes it goes 88 to lower 90s (if!). Isn't that terrible? I don't know if things will get much better till Sept. maybe. Just last Sun we hit 107. I was out misting & providing tlc & support for my birds. What do temps need to be?

5. jmhappycowboy

Dec 13, 2007
    Philadelphia, MS
    I know exactly what you mean about all this heat, you can really never tell from one day to the next here what the temps gonna be but we've saw quite a few of those 100 degree and over days here also.

It needs to be around 85 degrees to ship. I have shipped them a little over 85 before but they where going somewhere that I knew they would get there overnight and arrive at their new home first thing the next morning.

6. maralpz2006

maralpz2006 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2007
    mississippi
    james , did read my last email

7. jmhappycowboy

Dec 13, 2007
    Philadelphia, MS
    Marco, I did read your email and have replied to you. Sorry it took so long.
    James

8. maralpz2006

maralpz2006 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2007
    mississippi
    james do you have white turken hen

9. jmhappycowboy

Dec 13, 2007
    Philadelphia, MS
    Marco, no I'm sorry no white turkens, all of mine are blue except for about 5 or 6 which are black.

Also I sent you some pictures of them a little bit ago.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by