For Sale in Arkansas: AKC Coated German Shepherd Dog

bbRedMom

Songster
12 Years
Nov 30, 2007
Central Arkansas
I need to rehome my GSD Griffin. His full fancy name is Goatroper Farms Griffin von Claws.

He has killed two of my goats, and cannot be trusted. However, he is good with chickens when supervised, and responds to a shock collar. We had just started training him when the kid death happened.

He is fully papered, and comes from working stock-herding and search and rescue lines. He is long haired, very smart, and completely housebroken. He is also UTD on shots. He gets along with other dogs and cats. In fact, he will bathe the cats and our big rooster. Very strange.

He is a good dog. Very smart, knows commands, walks well on leash, etc. He just cannot be around livestock his size or smaller. He also loves kids. I was actually planning on making him a therapy dog.

Currently he is eating Diamond Brand Hi-energy food. He is definitely high energy, and this is the first food I've put him on that he doesn't just burn it right off. I buy it a TSC.

I am located in Central Arkansas, and am willing to drive halfway depending on where you are. I am going to be in Mountain View next weekend, and would be willing to meet someone there.

Because I am selling him intact, and including breeding rights, I am asking $150. Remember, that price includes him already having all his puppy shots, UTD on heartworm preventative, and a dose of Vector 3D to repel fleas and ticks.

However, I have a few stipulations. Please dont take this personally, but this is really hard for me. I want him to go to the best home possible.

I want vet contact infor for your current vet. I would like to visit y'all and your animals with Griffin so I know everyone gets along. This is just me protecting my baby.

Thank you so much. I appreciate y'alls understanding.

These pics are a few weeks old. I'll take new ones tonite and try to post them.

IMGP0261_small.jpg

IMGP0271_small.jpg

griffin.jpg

Last edited:
No, I dont. I did see his parents. They were both short haired. The sire was a XL shepherd, very dark, about 85 lbs. Mom was smaller, about 50 lbs, and more tan than black with a definite saddle. Both were working Search and rescue dogs.

Right now he is around 50-60 lbs. I need to weigh him. But he is a large dog. I'll get measurements tonite when I go home.

He ws born February 18, 2008. He is just as happy playing and running outside as he is snuggled up on the couch watching TV.

Back
Top Bottom