For Sale in NEPA- 6 Guinea Keets Approx. 12 weeks old

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by SterlingAcres, Nov 29, 2008.

1. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I'd love to keep them, but I don't have a separate place for them and they're harassing my chickens. They won't let them eat at all.
    I know for certain there are 2 hens, I hear them 'buckwheat' quiet frequently. The others haven't made any distinct calls yet, so genders are unknown. Bloodlines are from Maine. They are pearl gray, very pretty.
    Asking $6 each or $30 for all, since they aren't full grown yet. Pick up only, will need large box or crate.
    Will consider pullet trades as well. Please pm me if interested. Here's a recent photo:

[​IMG]

2. youdontknow32

youdontknow32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    South Western PA
    I wish you were closer.

3. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    my mom was talking about getting some, she lives by Reading but will be up on Tuesday. I will ask her.

4. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Any other takers? [​IMG]

5. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Shellie, I might know someone interested. I get inquiries all of the time for guineas and well, I don't have any. lol Let me check around. If you find a home in the meantime, feel free to get rid of them. I'll let you know if I come up with anything.

Jody

6. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Thanks Jody. [​IMG]

7. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    ?

8. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    my mom does want some but she's not prepared to take them right now, sorry.

9. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    No luck here either Shellie. Must be the time of year. Sorry. I hope you find them good homes. If I hear of anyone looking, I'll be sure to send them your way.

10. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    No worries.
    They're getting VERY nasty. Ripping out roosters tail feathers and attacking my hens. Poor chickens won't even come when I have food anymore, because the guineas beat them to me. I wouldn't want to pass them off to someone else... I'm not sure if the behavior is a characteristic or a flaw with my particular birds.

I think I'll butcher them. Guinea is good eating, right? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by