For Sale in TN - Accidental Blue Australorp-Orpingtons

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by DawnSuiter, May 3, 2009.

1. DawnSuiter

DawnSuiter Chillin' With My Peeps

I have 4 just around 2 months old crosses from my Blue Rooster over Black Australorp hens. 2 cockerels, 2 hens, one of the cockerels is pretty blue, the other three are black but all obviously carrying a blue gene.

If your interested $20 for the group, pickup only, I will NOT seperate them.
    I have not advertised these anywhere yet, just asked a couple of friends if they were interested.

I already have too many projects, and cannot add a blue australorp project despite wanting to.

I'm in East Tennessee in Cocke County 20 miles from Interestate 40 and the North Carolina State line. I can meet you at the Walmart at exit 435 in Newport.

If your intersted, I also have a pair of buff/blue orpingtons same age, $10 for the pair.

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2009
  2. Birdgirl

Birdgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    Indiana
    I would of gladly taken them all if you were just closer....darn it!

3. DawnSuiter

Just thought I would include some pics of them [​IMG] from
    Last week
    [​IMG]

3.5 Weeks - they are pics #2 & #3 and in the last pic the black in the back left corner and the blue in the front
    [​IMG]

Just hatched & fluffed up. Far left & the 2 on the far right plus the tall one in the middle trying to hide his beak behind the little one with the golden face.
    [​IMG]

Well.. Indianapolis is only about 6 hours... [​IMG]

4. Becky_H

Becky_H Chillin' With My Peeps

Not sure exactly how far we are from you (need to map-quest) but I'm very interested in the orps. Give me until the morning to check things out with the other half.

5. Birdgirl

Birdgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    Indiana
    yeah indys 6 plus 2....* do like them but not that much...send them to me...I might be able to pay for shipping.....

6. DawnSuiter

Quote:Sorry, I'm not comfortable with that, especially with these guys. [​IMG] But I'm glad you like them, they are pretty, and I totally understand about the drive.

Mostly I worry about the upset in shipping, they are the SWEETEST chicks I've ever had, all of them really, super friendly and not at all afraid of people. I'd hate to lock them in a dark box for a day or two.

Becky_h -- I'll check back in the morning sometime.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by