For Sale: Long Island, NY-Shetland Geese Pair-Price Reduced to $100

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Calebs Acre, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Calebs Acre

Calebs Acre Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2008
    Long Island
    Need space! Selling pair of Shetland Geese for $100. Currently laying.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2009
  2. youdontknow32

youdontknow32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    South Western PA
    Bring them down here..oh boy do I wish...

3. Calebs Acre

May 17, 2008
    Long Island
    How about a trade? We want pheasants and buff ducks.

4. Calebs Acre

May 17, 2008
    Long Island
    Would a pair of dewlap toulouse and a pair of white sebbies make it more tempting?

5. youdontknow32

Sep 29, 2008
    South Western PA
    Aw...dont do that....I want Shetland Geese soo bad, I have been to long Island 2 times, but not in 15 years or more....

6. Calebs Acre

May 17, 2008
    Long Island
    There is shipping via USPS AND there is www.uship.com.

Then, there is the possibility that a friend and I would go to Ohio to pick up some peafowl...............

7. youdontknow32

Sep 29, 2008
    South Western PA
    well....

8. Calebs Acre

May 17, 2008
    Long Island
    I have to talk to her and see if she is serious about making that trip. They have juvenile white peafowl for nice prices. Guess I'd better check and see if she wants to drive or ship.

9. youdontknow32

Sep 29, 2008
    South Western PA
    Wow, that is a very long trip, I was just looking, it is 7 hours for us to get to long Island, I didn't think it was that long, but wow.

How mush are you asking for the Sebbies? I saw the Price for the dewlap toulouse.....

Shipping would be very high for geese, I am sure, I have never had live birds shipped.

10. Calebs Acre

May 17, 2008
    Long Island
    Yeah, I paid over $150 EACH goose to ship via USPS (with the box)for the Sebbies from Georgia to NY.

I'm asking the same for the Sebbies as the Dews if I can get it. I don't know about the current market, I just know I am going to lose my butt. I just bought too many.

BUT, if you check out UShip, you can sometimes do much better because you can usually find a hauler who just wants to pick up something the fill up his horse trailer or the back of his van, etc. I've had great luck with it for my dewlaps transports.

It takes me 7-8 hours to get to Kittanning, PA, when I used to go there. Don't know if you've ever heard of that little town, but it's a trip I've taken several times.

The Shetlands are not as heavy as the Dewlaps though. I haven't weighed them, so maybe you could do it for more like $150 for BOTH geese, plus boxes. Not sure until I would weigh them and get a zip code check, etc.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by